Support Services for Responsible Gambling Issues
Free Bets Bookmakers encourages only responsible gambling, and encourages those who are requiring help or counselling, or for those concerned who know someone requiring help on the matter, to seek support from the many free Australian support services available.
Help For Keeping in Control
Whilst the majority of people participate in betting within their means, for some gambling participation can become a problem. To assist in keeping control remember the following:
1. Gambling should be entertaining, fun, and not seen as a way of making money
2. Only ever gamble what you can afford to lose
3. Avoid chasing losses
4. Keep track of the time and amount of money you spend
5. If you want to have a temporary break you can use the feature available on any online bookmakers, a “self exclude” option.
6. If it stops being fun, discuss or seek help from a trusted friend. Discussing issues with others can help overcome them, and realising you are not in this alone, and someone is looking out for you.
7. If you need to talk to someone confidentially about problem gambling there are many free and professional options, start by contacting Gambling Help Online – GHO, whose contact details are provided in the following paragraph.
For a list of support service providers across Australia visit http://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/ – GHO operates a helpline 24 hours a day for those involved, including families and loved ones, who suffer from the consequences of problem gambling, or require some information or help on related issues and problems. Gambling Help Online can be reached on the following free call phone number: 1800 858 858
There are facilities available Australia wide, to residents of ACT, NSW, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and WA.
We encourage you to gamble responsibly and you should be aware of features which may help you such as deposit limits, self exclusion and other information on keeping control.
Online Bookmaker Self Help Facilities
This service is available on request and enables you to limit the amount of money that you are able to deposit online into your account. This may be revised downwards at any time but any increase will only be implemented after the structured time period specified following the request. Your Bookmaker’s customer service staff for your account will be happy to provide any further information required but are usually unable to override limits set by you, done so for your own responsibility.
Most sites provide the facility to allow customers to self-exclude themselves from their account(s) for a chosen time period, or even permanently. This feature will then make it impossible for the account to be re-opened for any reason at all, not until such time as the imposed exclusion period has passed. Betting operators also attempt to prevent any other accounts being opened by the same person until the self exclusion period has expired, again to enforce user’s own original choices.